1o Day MeMe:
Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever).
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession.
I initially wasn’t sure how to write this one. Like, should I write about ways to win my heart in general as a friend or whatever? Or ways to win my heart romantically? I decided to go the romantic/love direction. Disclaimer: I did not keep anyone in mind when writing this! I blocked everyone- past or present- out and just wrote what I like. So I’m not blaming or hinting or remembering or affirming. AT ALL.
1) I am 100% a girly girl when it comes to small thinking-about-you gifts. I love flowers (ROSES), chocolates (GODIVA STARFISH AND TRUFFLES), notes, compliments, and stuffed animals. I mean, I know that these are surfacy things and they’re not going to earn my undying love and commitment, but they make my day and they sure don’t hurt.
2) Date nights… where the focus is just on me/us. Take me to a park. Take me to a dinner and movie. Take me on a drive. Plan a stay-in movie night. Set time aside for me and give me something to look forward to. On the flip side: surprise/unexpected visits. These things let me know I’m important to you and you care to invest quality time. I need to feel special; set apart; one-of-a-kind; desirable; desired.
3) My friends, my family, and my son… If you want to be a part of my life, you’ll HAVE to be a part of theirs, too. This is not an option. Get to know them, laugh off their quirks ;-), be comfortable hanging out and being part of the group. LIKE my son and embrace him as a part of me.
4) Take an interest in my interests and involve me in yours. I like having mutual respect for dreams, goals, hobbies and whatever else we do with our lives. Go places I like to go, let me listen to my music, peek at my journal every once in a while, and don’t make me feel silly for anything I like/like to do. Then take me places you like to go, involve me in things you like to do, too.
5) Chivalry. Oh my gosh, I should have been born in a much earlier decade when it comes to this. I want to feel protected and honored and respected. Be classy and sweet and affectionate and polite and attentive and kind and generous, but not suffocating. I’m okay and often prefer to take on a more ‘submissive’ role. I’m not sure if submissive is the right word to use…
6) For a more serious relationship… you must be interested in one day having: 1) A family and stability and routine and traditions; 2) BABIES; and 3) a LIFETIME commitment through the good AND bad times no matter what. You HAVE to know how to work through misunderstandings, disagreements, things you straight up hate, and god awful miserable times. You have to know how to communicate with gentle honesty when you are unhappy, and you have to work with me towards a resolution/compromise. I’m always willing to come together to nurture or work toward/fight for a healthy and happy relationship and I’d want the same from you. If the idea of marriage comes up I’d HAVE to feel secure that our relationship would last a lifetime and that commitment would always trump feelings.
7) On a lighter note: spontaneity. I adhere to a self-made and organized schedule every day. It helps keep me motivated and on track and productive. This is because, as mild mannered as I may seem (do I seem mild mannered? I have no idea), I need the discipline because I am entirely restless and impulsive. (Example: I got my tattoo the day I decided I wanted it.) I LOVE to be flexible; I LOVE to break out of routine; I LOVE the unexpected. This is by no means a required trait for winning my heart, but if you got a really impulsive idea in your head (as little as coming over just for a kiss or taking off with me to go somewhere random) at some crazy insane hour of the day and it really excited you… that would really excite me, too. This helps keep me from feeling like I’m in a rut.
8 ) Be patient with me. I’m moody, opinionated, temperamental, depressed, and anxious. I get social anxiety and can be backward. I get over-stimulated and stressed out very easily. I have trouble relaxing and slowing my brain down long enough to think things through rationally. I’m clumsy and ditzy to boot. Don’t get frustrated with me. Assure me, comfort me, be firm and honest with me.